Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let Me In [film]

Caught the movie "Let Me In" with my highschool age son. We both enjoyed it, I liked more then he did. It's a remake of a swedish film I've never seen and was hardly aware of to those that care for such things. There is nothing terribly surprising in the film but it's mood holds up and it's entertaining. It's a suspense/horror/romance/comming of age/nostalgia/teen revenge/vampire film and pulls all that off (no small feat there). Best of all no sparkly vampires.

I'd recommend it for folks that like horror films that are a little more then sub-par splatter fests.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the book upon which the film is based. I read it before seeing the Swedish version and unlike most, I thought that there was some room for improvement. I really want to see the American version as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete